Select a Manufacturer of Shims for Demanding Applications
Shims are among the most critical tools in the creation of many finished products, but the consumers of your goods will probably never think about them. In fact, that's the way it should be — it means the shims have done their job properly. From filling space for a flatter surface and to creating extra clearance space between components, shims are immensely versatile, but they're also highly specialised; a shim for one product may not fit another. Whether you intend to cut your custom shims or you need assistance with a tricky design, Mastercut Technologies is here to provide direct access to the metal shim stock ideal for your application.
We manufacture shim shapes to your requirements - washers, 'U' or complicated shapes are all possible using a variety of cutting methods including laser, waterjet and chemical cutting processes.
With our state of the art machinery, our shims come burr free, label identified and can be shipped overnight. We can cut from 0.025mm shim to 12mm plate, and all sizes between - Please see above for available thicknesses.
Mastercut Technologies... Your One Stop Shim Shop
Mastercut stock a wide selection of stainless steel shim in grades 304 and 316, in thicknesses starting at 0.025mm (1thou). We can supply by the metre off our 610mm (24") wide coils or precision cut to your required profiles.
We also sell 1/2 Hard Brass in 0.13mm(0.005") 150mm wide & 0.25mm (0.010") x 300mm wide. Mastercut shim is purchased directly from North American Steel Mills in large quantities. All stainless steel is tension levelled reducing "coil set" dramatically. The result is a flat sheet which does not curl. Mill certificates are available for all stock.
With three decades of experience and an array of strong relationships within our industrial sector, we offer invaluable tools for simplifying manufacturing every day. Our skills extend into other areas as well, including solder stencils and laser-etched signage. No matter your needs, our friendly customer service team is always here to listen and guide you towards the appropriate products. To place an order or request assistance today, please contact us.
Reseller discounts available
See below for 5 ways to buy your shim...
Shim in stock now...
|0.080||3||Half Hard||Annealed Full Hard|
|0.100||4||Half Hard||Full Hard|
|0.127||5||Half Hard||Full Hard|
|0.160||6||Half Hard||Full Hard|
|0.178||7||Half Hard||Full Hard|
|0.200||8||Half Hard||Full Hard|
|0.250||10||Half Hard||Full Hard|
|0.300||12||Half Hard||Full Hard|
|0.380 0.50||15 20||Half Hard Half Hard||Full Hard Full Hard|
|0.55||22||ASTM A240/A480||ASTM A240/A480|
|0.9||35||ASTM A240/A480||ASTM A240/A480|
|1.2||47||ASTM A240/A480||ASTM A240/A480|
|1.6||63||ASTM A240/A480||ASTM A240/A480|
|2.0||79||ASTM A240/A480||ASTM A240/A480|
|3.0||118||ASTM A240/A480||ASTM A240/A480|
|5.0||197||ASTM A240/A480||ASTM A240/A480|
Problems Stainless Steel Shims from Mastercut Technologies Can Address
Why invest in stainless steel shim stock that are manufactured in Australia? With the appropriate cut and robust manufacturing processes, shims address several problems that cause work to bog down. Avoid delivery slowdowns by solving issues such as:
- Variable tolerances between components that must mate together closely. Using a shim means avoiding manufacture of the components themselves to a higher tolerance at a greater cost.
- Reduce wear and tear in demanding applications by transferring some of the load to the shim, rather than the components themselves. As a consumable, shims are highly cost-effective and easier to replace than an entire expensive assembly.
- Prolonging the overall life of assemblies through the use of stainless steel, which demonstrates better resilience and resistance to corrosion than some other shim materials.
At Mastercut Technologies, we have a broad range of capabilities in this area to bring to bear for your benefit.
What You Can Expect from Mastercut Technologies Regarding Our Shim Stock
Over our thirty years in business, we've developed a reputation as one of Australia's leading suppliers of shim stock. We're proud to carry on that legacy today by supporting our partners with a robust service. When partnering with our team, you can anticipate:
- Completely burr-free shims. Burrs on the edges of shims can degrade the performance of the piece and cause an assembly to exceed its tolerances. We use only high-quality stock and precision laser cutters to produce these items.
- Access to a wide variety of shim materials, including not only multiple grades and thicknesses of stainless steel, but also copper, brass, and aluminium as needed.
- Rapid turnaround times, with same-day shipment typically available for orders placed before noon AEST. We understand that you may face an urgent need due to a shortage of material on hand or a rush manufacturing job, and we'll have your products on the way as soon as possible.