Mastercut Technologies EMI/RFI board level shielding parts assure the performance and maintainability of communications equipment, medical, radar applications and wave guides, computers, control systems, telecommunications, consumer and industrial electronics. EMI and ESD shields provide isolation of board-level components, and reduce the disturbance that affects an electrical circuit due to either electromagnetic induction or a radio frequency disturbance.
Board level shielding is typically etched from 0.2 - 0.5mm Brass, Copper or Cold Rolled Steel. Beryllium Copper is commonly used if spring qualities are desired. The standard finish is tin plated.
Flexibility of Design
- Non-reducing charges
- Through holes and slots
- Forming tools not required
- All parts are burr and stress free
- No limitation on shape, size or design
- Any style of mounting pins in any configuration
- Any aperture configuration can be accommodated
- Bend channels enable shielding enclosures to be formed by hand
- Use bend channels to create acute angles between 0° and 90°
- Save several days in lead and delivery time without traditional tooling
- Since there is no need for traditional tooling, you can typically save hundreds of dollars
- Economical Pricing
- Shortened Lead Times
- Tooling is very Inexpensive
Shields are generally supplied in sheet form with parts held in by "micro-tabs". This allows for easier handling and storage while protecting the parts for as long as possible.